Background

Jan 15, 2014

Dental work? or Tooth Trauma?

It's amazing how personal trials and experiences drive you to learn more both about yourself and about natural healing.   I really do believe that the body can heal most any problem if it is given the right tools. Therein lies the problem.   What are the right tools?

Lets talk teeth.  I have had an abscessed tooth for about 4 months now.  (Yikes)  I have taken 2 antibiotics, prescribed by my dentist, I have used essential oils, Burned the inside of my mouth with Garlic several times, and did an occasional Oil Pull.  Now for the record, I have been incredibly inconsistent.   I'm a busy girl... and lots of other excuses.  I'm sure I would've paid more attention to it if it was causing me pain, but it really wasn't.  

2 weeks ago, my Asthma came back with a Vengeance! I have been super sick.  It occurred to me that this may have been caused by the occasional oozing of the Abscess, which we know to be incredibly toxic.   So I have decided to finally get serious and take care of this problem.    And just to make sure I did, I was blessed with yet another toothache on Sunday.  A bad one!  The tooth was wobbly, the gum saggy, and any contact with food or another tooth was excruciating!

I had to get back on my Asthma meds post haste, just so I could breathe.  And I was taking Motrin for the toothache, as well as rubbing Theives/ On Guard  and Oregano Oil on the gums.  I did get a little relief from clove essential oil, but not enough to stop taking Motrin.

I finally started oil pulling regularly on Sunday night.  I have done it twice a day for the last 3 days, and as of yesterday, my mouth was much less achy, and I could even sleep on that side of my face.  Before I couldn't touch that cheek to the pillow or lay on it.   This morning, I noticed I was chewing my waffle on that side, and as I realized it I got super happy!   I looked at the gums, and the tooth is much less wobbly, and the sagging seems to be improved just a touch.   I expect within a couple more days I won't have any more problems with that tooth.   I have watched my abscess shrink by about 1/2 in the same time frame as well.  I will continue to report my progress, but the main purpose of this blog is to share some of the things I have learned as well.

I have a GREAT dentist, as dentists go.  She is kind, VERY good at what she does, and open minded to my natural views.  She's always willing to work with me and give me time to work issue out on my own, while providing her advice and opinions on the situations.
My oldest son was going to need a Root Canal after he went in for 18 fillings last year-- One of them acted up a few months later.   I didn't feel good about it, so I brought him home and started him on Dr. Schulze "tooth and gum" formula.  WITH my dentists blessing.   She said, "Sure, go ahead and try it, it would be great if it worked."

Within a few days, the pain was gone, and he hasn't had any problems since.  That is HUGE to me. And it did get me thinking.  I had experienced a similar thing a few years previous.  However, this formula on its own was not enough to handle the severity of infection that a tooth abscess causes.  (Yes, I have been using it.)

Today, I think I found what i'm looking for on subject.  A book entitled "Cure Tooth Decay- Remineralize Cavities and Repair your teeth naturally with good food."  by Ramiel Nagel

This guy is extremely dull in his video, but lots of good information on his site.

I searched for his book on Amazon and its available for much less on Kindle ($10) so I bought it.  Has lots of good reviews.  Will start reading today.


It's amazing how even WE who KNOW that natural is better, are still submitting ourselves to this kind of "trauma" for tooth care.   I have recently had the feeling that all these problems were caused by the " TRAUMA" that I underwent at the dentist in having all my cavities filled.  Both the teeth in question were filled at some point.   This word was MY description of what had happened to my teeth.   But in his 3 minute video, Nagel confirms what I was thinking.  He says Bacteria is not what causes a tooth infection, it is diet, lifestyle and TRAUMA from previous dental work.  I don't necessarily agree with all his diet recommendations because I think he's cutting out a lot of foods that are essentially good for you, and that you can heal your tooth other ways, but still interesting.   I realize now, that my tooth was not hurting because the tooth itself was not weak, dead, or otherwise.  When I saw the x-ray, all of the infection was in the sinus passages.  WHY would I need a root canal, which essentially kills the tooth, just to get rid of sinus infection?   The thought process on this is ridiculous, and yet its commonly practiced and the ONLY recognized cure for an abscessed tooth, medically speaking.   Well, there is that other thing... you could EXTRACT your perfectly healthy tooth, because that makes even more sense?!?!

Tooth Remineraliztion

Also another key word I have been coming across as I learn about teeth is something called demineralization… and remineralization of teeth.  This is crucial to tooth health.  (Click on Image above for more info.)

The DoTerra Toothpaste claimed remineralization of teeth, which is why I bought it.   You can make your own with oils, but this is affordable enough, and available to me, so I will be using it from now on, and making my kids use it too.   I also purchase several of my Essential oils here, through Youngevity. They have a medicinal grade line of oils, called Ancient Legacy, that is both affordable, and effective.  I am NOT brand loyal, so long as the oils are certified high grade oils.  

I'm also having good success with the oil pulling.  This is day 3 I think… and I can already chew on my other tooth that was really bugging me on Sunday.   It was loose, and EXTREMELY painful  if I accidentally  bit down on that side.  Today, just slightly sensitive, and much tighter.   I think Oil Pulling "remineralizes" the teeth as well, from what I'm reading. 

I feel so bad that I put my son through all that Trauma on 18 of his teeth.   But the important thing is that I have learned from it.   I can now give him the knowledge he needs going forward to take care of his teeth.  I have also heard talk of tooth regeneration on many sites, and DO think it is possible, but I think true overall health need be attained first.

Fascinating subject!

Here is a list of other sites that had good information regarding natural Tooth Care:


Also see my Pinterest board:


Knowledge is power.   Don't you feel empowered?  We will definitely visit this subject again.


Now just to cover my @$&  I need to say that these statements have not be evaluated by the FDA and that this information is not intended to be used as medical advice as the author is not a physician.  My advice is not intended to supersede the advice of a licensed Dentist.  Blah blah blah, yadda yadda... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment